I cant tell you how many times I have heard the words " You are such a Martha Stewart" (haha) I just love crafting, diy, painting, sewing, and home decorating. It gives me great satisfaction to look around my house and say " I MADE THAT!"

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Mirror Mirror On The Wall

Star Burst Mirror tutorial:

  I have seen starburst mirrors everywhere in blog land! I made one a few months back and thought I would share my tutorial with you!

First I bought a circle beveled edge mirror at Hobby Lobby for 50% for $3 (score)
Next I went to good Ol Walmart and bought to bags of bamboo skewers for $1 each, and a can of  Oil Rubbed Bronze Spray Paint $3

I laid out my pattern on the back of the mirror first to see how it was going to look. Next I went stick by stick and used hot glue to adhere them to the mirror. After all the skewers were attached I taped off the mirror and gave the whole mirror 2 coats of ORB spray paint.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Lastly I added a picture hanging kit to the back, and here it is...


Photobucket


Photobucket

I hope this will encourage you to step out and make your own starburst mirror!



Thanks for stopping by

Jeni

8 comments:

  1. Great job! I've been contemplating one of these for our house and you've inspired me that I can do it on our tight budget. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cool, I've got my materials for a bad boy like this...just haven't done it yet! :) Yay, thanks for sharing!
    Nat
    doodlecraft.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I have wanted to make a starburst mirror for months! Maybe one of these days I'll get the guts up to actually do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen dozen's of these out in Blog Land, but LOVE the 'shape' of yours! Now I REALLY want to make one! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like I found my newest project to try! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This came out awesome! Love how simple and inexpensive it was! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!.. can't wait to see what you share next week.. and I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute, I want to make one now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just the exact info been wanting to learn. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete