I cant tell you how many times I have heard the words " You are such a Martha Stewart" (haha) I just love crafting, diy, painting, sewing, and home decorating. It gives me great satisfaction to look around my house and say " I MADE THAT!"

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Let's Get Cooking

 Tutorial for Wooden Play Stove:


From Becoming martha pictures

   First my husband and I went to Lowes and bought 2 sheets of thin plywood. To save time we had them ripe the wood down into 16 inch wide strips 4 ft long. Once at home I traced the decorative back piece, and Greg cut it out using our dremel tool!


Photobucket

Using 1x2 we built a frame and faced it with the plywood. Here are some shots of the frame of the stove. I used Anna White directions from Knock Off Wood! If you haven't visited her site you should! She is AMAZING!!! She provides free furniture building plans.


Photobucket

I attached the door using cabinet hinges and magnetic closures for safety.

Photobucket


Photobucket

After I caulked and filled all the cracks it was time to paint! It took 3 coats of semi gloss white paint to get solid coverage.

Photobucket

Next I added a push light to the inside to add a warm glow.


Photobucket

I found the cutest knobs at Hobby Lobby for $1 (score) and wooden appliques.

Photobucket


Photobucket

I used decorative molding for the handle and old silver plates for the burners.

Photobucket

Ok 3 posts in one day! I am done, good night folks!

thanks for stopping by

Jeni

31 comments:

  1. THis is so incredibly cute. Your daughter is so lucky to have a Mom that will make her such pretty things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is tooo cute. So perfect for a little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any little girl's dream. That is GREAT!! :)

    Kammy's Korner

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! love this
    http://lovegrowsathome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! that looks so great! and I love that you built it from scratch! Any girl would be lucky to have such a cute kitchen!
    Stopping in from Tip Junkie link up!
    http://mommamadeit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how this turned out. I can't wait to show it to the hubby. Yet another project on the to do list! HA! Please stop by www.laughloveandcraft.com and link up to my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!! I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/06/tuesday-confessional-link-party.html. I hope to see you soon!
    ~Macy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you!!! Greg and I want to make a matching sink and refrigerator too! I will keep you posted!

    Jeni @ Becoming Martha

    ReplyDelete
  9. That’s so adorable! We've been looking at kitchen toys for our little one, and something like this would just be so unique and precious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for linking up to Tuesday Confessional. You've been featured, so grab yourself a button and get your brag on! http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/06/for-kids-more-tuesday-confessional.html
    ~Macy

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW really! Thank you! My very first feature in the first week of my blog adventure!!! Thank you so much!

    Jeni @ Becoming Martha

    ReplyDelete
  12. simply adorable! Now she needs the sink, fridge, and microwave! :)
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your knobs and burners are just adorable ... great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is sooo adorable. I'd love if you shared it at our showoff party at http://decoratinginsanity.com going on now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Jeni! Happy 4th of July! Btw, I'm admiring all your creative posts here. Can you please share them at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute! I can't wait to have a daughter so I can make her pretty things like this too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that you built this, such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is very cute! Your little girl is so lucky! I featured this on my Friday 5! Hope you will come visit! Have a great weekend!
    Modern Wivelyhood

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is seriously so dang cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This turned out so cute, I love that you made it yourselves, and your right the knobs are perfect!

    Thanks for showing off!

    Carlee
    www.ladybirdln.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is by far the cutest and most beautifully done play stove EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing! Simply amazing! I am going to feature this for today's Pink Hippo Party.. hope you stop by and grab your featured button!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is SO adorable! Those fancy knobs?? To die for!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW! This is great! I love the light on the inside! So creative!!! I found you on the Creative Bloggers Party! Now following you! :)
    Carla at Mrs. No-No Knows
    www.twitter.com/mrsnonoknows
    www.facebook.com/mrsnonoknows

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so cute. Love the use of silver plates for burner. Great job you two.

    Thanks for linking up at Tea Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner and adding to the fun. The party for this week is going on... hope to see you there again :)

    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/tea-time-thursdays-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. My little Abigail Grace will be two in less than 2 weeks. When I saw this on your blog I knew my baby needed a kitchen set for her birthday. I am making a sink and fridge to match. I have the stove almost finished, you can see it here.

    Chelsea @ http://imperfektlyperfekt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete