I cant tell you how many times I have heard the words " You are such a Martha Stewart" (haha) I just love crafting, diy, painting, sewing, and home decorating. It gives me great satisfaction to look around my house and say " I MADE THAT!"

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cole's New Digs

From Becoming martha pictures


   I know I posted a whole lot of  PINK the last few days, so here is something new! My 3 year old son Cole's room! When we first moved in I painted it light blue and sadly just moved on to Abby's room! (I just love girlie stuff haha) Now it is finally getting the attention it needs! Just in time for him to move into a twin bed and get a new dresser! I found his bed on craiglist.(I am a craigslist addict, I probably check it everyday at least once!)

Photobucket


 I really wanted bedding that would be mature enough that it could grow with him. I found this quilt set at TJ MAXX for $20. I had it embroidered at local place for $7. So $27 bucks for a Pottery Barn look-a-like (Oh sweet saving how I love thee)!

Photobucket

Once I had the bedding I knew I wanted to go dark with the wall color, and off set it with white board and batten underneath. Now I have seen board and batten everywhere across blogland, but it is just such a classic look I had to give it a try! So far I have two walls done and LOVE it! I just need to bite the bullet and get the last two finished!

Photobucket

I don't know about you, but my son just had to have a Pillow Pet for Christmas last year! LOL


Photobucket

Dont worry the shorty curtain panels are being replaced. I just need to decide on my fabric choice!I found a lot of his accessories at Hobby Lobby for 50% off. (I love that place!)

Photobucket

Last year I did a photo shoot downtown in the city where my husband is a Police Officer. I got a lot of cute pictures of Cole and Daddy, so I wanted to use them as his art work. I used $3 frames from Micheal's and scrapbook paper to make these...

Photobucket

Photobucket

I still want to make pillows for his bed like this...


Photobucket

The wall above his bed is going to have a very special bible verse.

"For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil."
Romans 13:4


 We are very proud of the career Greg has been called into, and support him 100%! He is and will always be our Hero.

Thanks for stopping by

Jeni

19 comments:

  1. love the walls show the steps you did to do them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like all the work you've done. I think the red curtains work really well and just adding coordinating fabric to the bottom would really make them pop. Just a thought. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Cheryl. How about using a stars-on-blue strip a couple of inches wide and then adding some red and blue fabric at the bottom .... or some such combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought about adding more fabric to the bottom! Great Idea! I will have a board and batton tutorial up next week! ;)

    Jeni @ Becoming Martha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just stumbled on your blog tonight (a link to your daughter's toy stove, i think), and I'm enjoying looking at all of your projects. I intend to copy several of your ideas ;). However, I wanted to pop in here and say thank you to your husband. Always, but particularly this close to 9/11, we are grateful for those willing to stand in the gap on our behalf. I usually send this quote to my soldier friends, but it applies to our brave law enforcement officers as well, "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ccsharon,
    Thank you so much :) I am so glad you like my blog! We are very proud of Greg and all that he does for the Army and Police Force. :) Greg said thank you very much also! What a great qoute. We just put up a qoute on Cole's wall, I am going to Post about this weekend!

    xoxo
    Jeni @Becoming Martha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeni, I find your blog so refreshing! I appreciate your biblical values & how you incorporate that into your decorating style! Great work!

    ReplyDelete