I cant tell you how many times I have heard the words " You are such a Martha Stewart" (haha) I just love crafting, diy, painting, sewing, and home decorating. It gives me great satisfaction to look around my house and say " I MADE THAT!"

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Modern Vintage

     I think Abby's nursery is a perfect blend of modern and vintage. Tomorrow I am getting a vintage dresser for her room from a friend! I was going to paint it white, but I think I might just paint it Aqua!!! :) I really want to start adding touches of light aqua in with the pink and black.

From September 8, 2011

Next, I want to find a twin bed or maybe make a awesome upholstered headboard like this one...

From September 8, 2011
   or this one...

From September 8, 2011

   I would LOVE to find a cute little round table and chair set for her room too. Okay, well, enough of that for now. I have a project to share with you now :). Here is Abby's Silhouette wall!

From September 8, 2011

   I found all these frames at good will for $1- $2 each. Then, just using my cricut and scrapbook paper, I made these cuties. The little girl and boy I found on google and printed them out, cut, and traced them onto the back of black scrapbook paper. Then I just cut them out and glued them onto the patterned scrapbook paper! Easy Peasy.

From September 8, 2011

  I think they really do look like Abby and Cole! What do you think?

From September 8, 2011

From September 8, 2011

From September 8, 2011
 
I really LOVE the little white frames, but I want to find a real lock and key to go in them.

From September 8, 2011

  I saw the Child of God art on Etsy for $20, but I knew I could copy it for cheaper. I did 5 pink scrapbook papers at 49 cents each and the black velvet backside of the frame, which plays off the black velvet matting on the high heel picture. I think I will tie a black velvet ribbon in a bow around the key, when I find one. ;) For now I am calling this wall, DONE!

From September 8, 2011

From September 8, 2011


Thanks for stopping by,

Jeni

12 comments:

  1. I adore those little frames! The color is awesome! What a perfect wall! Everything about it has the right amount of balance! I'd love for you to share this @ Show & Share!

    http://southernlovely.blogspot.com/2011/09/show-share-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything here! esp the bow tie on the boy!

    Come link up to scrappy saturdays @ candacecreations.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job--so pretty. I really want to cut out the profiles of my own children. So many ideas--so little time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those silhouettes! I just recently updated my kids silhouettes--but yours are extra cute with the dimensional bows--thanks for the inspiration! If you have time I would love it if you would stop by & share this at my linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it all, but especially the silhouettes!! I have been meaning to take two pictures I have of my children and do silhouettes out of them but they will be going in the living or laundry room. I recently went searching out in one of our barns and found two old doorknob type locks and an old skeleton key. I was sooooo excited to find them because I planned on putting the key and a lock in my Abby's room. I would be more than happy to share my other one. I will post a picture of it on my blog tonight so you can check it out. If you want it let me know and I will get your info so I can send it to ya :)

    Chelsea @ http:/imperfektlyperfekt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those silhouettes are adorable! I love the color combinations and those detailed frames!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute, thanks for showing it off!

    Carlee
    www.ladybirdln.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found you at Michele's lovely blog {Primp}, the silhouettes are adorable! Love your blog name...keeping an eye on what's coming up next! ;) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you've done with this room. This is my first visit to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier entries. I'm so glad I did that. You've created a lovely spot for your readers to visit and I enjoyed the time I spent here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute! I'm a first time visitor and I think I'm going to take a look around! Great job again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! I am so glad you linked up @ Show & Share! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Jeni,
    All your creations are delightful. You are so talented. I am wondering if you could please share with me a link for these little girl and boy's faces patterns, I would appreciate it very much. I tried to find them myself but all in vain. I also have 2 kids, little boy and girl. I would like to make similar portraits for their room. Thank you, My e-mail: nina.tuttle@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete