I cant tell you how many times I have heard the words " You are such a Martha Stewart" (haha) I just love crafting, diy, painting, sewing, and home decorating. It gives me great satisfaction to look around my house and say " I MADE THAT!"

Friday, January 6, 2012

DIY Ruffled Denim Ballet Flats

   This week I sized up my pattern for Abigail's ballet flats, and figured out how to make a sole!!! I found thick shelf lining at Walmart, it sews wonderfully and adds a lot more sturdiness to the soles of her shoes. Here is a link to my pattern that I made for her shoes and the step by step instructions :) Ballet Flats Tutorial.  I also came up with a boot pattern that I will share soon!


 
  Abby was all about the sass today! haha I just have to laugh at these next few, two year olds...


 She is actually watching TV in this one haha.



  Not sure WHAT is going on here! LOL


Don't you want to smile pretty for Momma?


  I finally got a smile out of her when, Cole was being silly to make her laugh!



  Here are a few close-ups of these shoe, p.s. Did I tell you that I am just in LOVE with them. They seriously make me want to make a pair for myself! haha Her shoe collection is bigger than mine!






 
  This pattern is super easy and I can whip out a pair in about an hour! Not to shabby if I do say so myself. I went to Hancock Fabric's today and picked up so cute material to play with over the weekend! Hopefully I will have some cute BOOTS to show off next week!!! Wish me luck.


Thanks for stopping by,

Jeni


18 comments:

  1. Those are so darling! Okay, I'm a ladies size 10! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking I need a pair of those... I am with GirlRural... I am a size 7.5 :) So Cute..
    http://shoprubyjean.com/2012/01/sew-crafty-tuesday-linky-4-and-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so so so cute! I think that is what I will be doing this weekend! And I cant wait for those boots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you via the Strut Your Stuff hop & am a new follower.

    These are so cute! Love handmade shoes.

    Brooke

    http://cupcakecucumber.blogspot.com
    http://blueberrysquash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so cute! And so is your little model!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now, those are precious...but the model even more. Love them! Just wanted to thank you for having my party link on your page. I was going through my stats today and found you through that! Thanks again. Sorry for the deletion of the last comment...it had mistakes. :)
    ~Gay~
    itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe you made these - they are so super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! You make these look so easy (I have a pattern to make them (from somewhere else) and it's so technical with so many pieces - and steps - that I haven't gotten started... I think I will be making these instead!!). Thanks!
    Carla aka Mrs. No-No
    Mrs. No-No Knows

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are sooo stinkin adorable! Love all of your little one's silly faces and poses too.. so precious! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party.. cona't wait to see what you share next!

    ReplyDelete
  11. *gasp* HOW ADORABLE! I want to make some for my girls and ME! ;) Thank you so much for sharing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! I'd love to have you link it to my party that just started! Overflowing with Creativity!!! Thanks LOTS!

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute! I'd love to have you link it to my party that just started! Overflowing with Creativity!!! Thanks LOTS!

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are really cute and so clever! Thanks for linking up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We would love to have you back next Saturday to share more of your ideas! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are the cutest shoes! I'm seriously thinking of making myself a pair.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are just adorable! The perfect shoes for a little girl :) Would love for you to link up to Find Your Craft Friday over on my blog... Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ BabyBerry
    http://weinzapfelbabyberry.blogspot.com/2012/01/find-your-craft-friday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great blog you have! I just came across it by chance, I'm looking up DIY candy bar covers and your blog popped up. You are so very crafty! I love this particular post because I have a niece that is disabled and one of my sisters challenges is finding slippers - as ordinary as that may sound for other parents for my sister its a challenge. I'm sure the tutorial you share for these little slippers will help me sew some up for my beautiful niece, Andrea. Thank you so very much - off I go to follow your blog and keep browsing =D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute! How did you do the ruffles? I've been trying to figure it out but so far no luck. I want to make these to go with a flower girl dress I'm making but have never done shoes before.

    ReplyDelete