I cant tell you how many times I have heard the words " You are such a Martha Stewart" (haha) I just love crafting, diy, painting, sewing, and home decorating. It gives me great satisfaction to look around my house and say " I MADE THAT!"

Friday, July 27, 2012

The Pretty Little Lace Crown Tutorial



  Here is an idea I found while surfing Pinterest, cute little crowns made from lace. I figured I would give a try it, and share my results with you guys! I got everything I needed for this project from Hobby Lobby. (I LOVE that store!)

Here is your supply list:

*Fabric Stiffener
*Lace
*Metallic Paint
*Glitter


 
1. Find a round container that has the same circumference as the crown you would like to make. (This makes it a lot easier on YOU!)

2. Rub fabric stiffener on to both sides of the lace, and wrap lace around container.

3. Use a tiny bit of hot glue on the ends to hold it together. (you can add more glue later if needed)

4. Put in microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds. It will be stiff, but not hard yet. Take it off the container and bend upper edge out. (to make more of a crown shape)

4. Put back in microwave for 30 seconds, or until crown is hard.

5. Next paint, glitter, and decorate it however your little princess wants it!


Here is my little Princess in her pretty little lace crown!




 She LOVED it, and so does her Momma! I used two bobby pins to hold it in place.



It would look adorable for a newborn photo shoot too! You could add jewels, flowers, or ribbon to add MORE CUTENESS!

 

Little girls are so much fun!






 


What do you think? Are you going to try to make your own? I am going to make a pair for my friends twins, who will be here in just a few more weeks! I will share pictures as soon as I can. :D Have a GREAT weekend!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jeni

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness.
    This is so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Jen! i will be trying this one for sure. Your little one is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the cutest thing I've ever seen. I would love to make one but I think I'd look a bit silly wearing it. I wish I had a little girl so I could make this. I actually just made some lace earrings with homemade fabric stiffener last week! It'd be a perfect Mommy and Me project with your little princess. http://www.spoolandspoonblog.com/2012/07/lace-earrings.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute and simple. I will most definitely be making a few of these for my daughters birthday party.

    throughbetsyslookingglass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

  5. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times

    ReplyDelete