I cant tell you how many times I have heard the words " You are such a Martha Stewart" (haha) I just love crafting, diy, painting, sewing, and home decorating. It gives me great satisfaction to look around my house and say " I MADE THAT!"

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ric Rac Bed Sheets

   The last two weeks I have had so much fun decorating Abby's big girl room!!! :) I wanted to share one of the easy projects I did to add a pop of color to her bed. I was inspired by these adorable Ric Rac Cuff Sheets by Pottery Barn Kids.




    I just loved the look but the PRICE and the colors were not going to work for me! So I went to Hancock Fabrics and bought 2 packages of medium size Ric Rac and 3 yards of teal blue trim. First I sewed the ric rac on right over the cuff line on the pillow case and the top sheet. Next I sewed the teal trim over the ric rac letting it peak out just a little bit!



  Here is the pillow case all done! Now I just need to get Abby's name added to the cuff!


I LOVE the Teal and Pink together!!!!


   She LOVES her big girl bedding!!!


   I am so excited to get the rest of her pillows done and her upholstered headboard!!! :) So what do you think?

Cost

2 Packs of Pink Ric Rac- $3
3 Yards of Teal Trim- $3
Total= $6

Pottery Barn Kids Price
sheet set and pillow case= $101.50

That's a huge savings!!!

  What projects are you working on? Do you LOVE ric rac as much as I do?!?! :D



Thanks for stopping by,


Jeni

17 comments:

  1. What a great idea and I love the price! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Ric Rac is so timeless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cute! I've never worked with Rac Rac before but I'd love to oneday. I've got a sewing machine but just haven't put it to good use yet. But I will soon enough! Everything you sew & make are all awesome Jeni!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice girly touch. I like the light pink. I'm not really into Ric Rac but now I see that used with light colors you can make something very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea! I love sewing with ric rac!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cutie! Both the bed sheets and your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so sweet and makes something special from something ordinary. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ric rac and trim add the perfect touch to your sweet little girls bedding. She looks happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so darling!! I like your version much better than the original!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love them even more than the PB ones! Your cutie is so happy too! I am FB these! Thanks for linking up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it, pinning it, doing it! Great Job!
    Glad to be your newest follower!
    ~Jen @ frazzled five

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a fabulous job! The pillow and sheets turned out great.

    Love for you to share this at my Wednesday's "Made by ME" linky party here:
    http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2012/02/made-by-me-20-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! We always called it Brick-a-Brack back in the day! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice and very creative idea. The color combination of teal and pink is very good. I like your idea. Also a bed sheet looks more good when there is a comfortable and perfect mattress. Mattresses are of various types like orthopedic mattress , spring mattress and pocket spring mattress.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so happy with your blog site, it contains all the matter with regards to mattress Good luck to you and your well performed job. Thanks for keeping us updated with the latest information for mattress.
    Regards

    Bonnell Spring Mattress in Mumbai
    bed mattress in india
    spring mattress india
    Pocket Spring Mattress in Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  16. A mother always find ways to be creative just for her kids. The bed sheets is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete