I cant tell you how many times I have heard the words " You are such a Martha Stewart" (haha) I just love crafting, diy, painting, sewing, and home decorating. It gives me great satisfaction to look around my house and say " I MADE THAT!"

Saturday, September 22, 2012

DIY Felt Owl Masks

   Hey guys! While the kids are taking their nap, I wanted to share with you a cute project we made today! Felt owl masks. I saw Tatertots and Jello feature a cute little girl owl mask on Facebook from Sew Craft Create. I knew right away I could make the kids one! It didn't even cost a thing, I just used craps of felt and material I had on hand.

  First I made my mask out of paper to test out the size and where the eyes needed to be. I always fold my paper down the middle and trace half of the face. That way your mask is perfectly symmetrical! Here is what my paper pattern looked like.



  Next I just started cutting and layering pieces using iron-on No Sew. Once I liked the look I used my sewing machine to add the elastic, and a few decorative stitching details. Here is what I came up with!

Cole's Mask



Abby's Mask



  Here are a couple cute pictures of the kids playing with them! Abby's favorite thing about her mask is that it had make-up on. ha ha She is just too cute and so girlie!!!





  It only took about an hour to do both masks. They had a blast playing with them and I really enjoyed making them too! I hope you all have an AMAZING weekend! :)

* I finished the cabinets, now I just want to sew my new curtain and add a few accessories before the big reveal!!!

16 comments:

  1. Very Cute! The brown one is my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankx so much for this! I havent been this thrilled by a post for a long period of time! Youve got it, whatever that means in blogging. Anyway, You are certainly someone that has something to say that people need to hear. Keep up the good job. Keep on inspiring the people!
    An impressive share, I just given this onto a co-worker who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him. smile. So let me reword that: Thank you for the treat! But yeah Thanks for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and enjoy learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more info? It is extremely helpful for me. Two thumb up for this post!


    TOP Google Ranking On Your Site

    ReplyDelete

  3. I always search to read the quality content and finally i found this in you post, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post is really nice and very interesting. I like to read more of the articles you made.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Your blog got me to learn a lot, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

  6. Very informative blog, This blog is very easy to understand when compared to other blogs.

    ReplyDelete

  7. Thanks and Best of luck to your next Blog in future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m impressed with this article, I must say this is one of the best blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello there! Big thumbs up for the excellent info have got here

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im very pleased to read this article. Awesome post, Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Post! Im looking forward to seeing more from this blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great ideas above. Thanks for providing this good stories

    ReplyDelete