I wanted to share this AMAZING peanut butter cookie recipe I have used for years! I can't tell you the number of positive comments I have had on these cookies! They are just that good! I mean the recipe calls for a WHOLE jar of peanut butter, how can they not be awesome? Ha ha! They are crisp on the outside and super moist on the inside. If you like hard cookies this is not the cookie for you, but if you attack the cookies as soon as they get out of the oven (like I do) just to get the soft, melt in your mouth goodness, then here is the recipe for you! ;) I copied and pasted the recipe here, but this is the link to it on allrecipes.com.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar ( I have used 2 cups white sugar and they still turned out great!)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 egg ( I use 3 eggs, so I don't waste.)
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (18 ounce) jar peanut butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped peanuts ( I don't put peanuts in mine.)
- In a large bowl cream butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, yolks, and vanilla; mix until fluffy. Stir in peanut butter. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the peanut butter mixture. Finally, stir in the peanuts. Refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Roll dough into walnut sized balls. Place on the prepared cookie sheet and flatten slightly with a fork. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Cookies should look dry on top. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet before removing to cool completely on a rack. These cookies taste great when slightly undercooked. ( First I use a cookie scoop and leave them in mounds to bake for 10 minutes, then I pull them out to put the fork indentions on top, and bake for another 3 minutes for perfection!!! This way they keep the fork indention, because a peanut butter cookie is NOT a peanut butter cookie with out them!) :)
Mommy's Kitchen Helpers
Because You Always Need a Glass Of Milk With Your Cookies!!!
Mix, Bake, and ENJOY!!! Merry CHRISTmas!!!
Thanks for stopping by,