I cant tell you how many times I have heard the words " You are such a Martha Stewart" (haha) I just love crafting, diy, painting, sewing, and home decorating. It gives me great satisfaction to look around my house and say " I MADE THAT!"

Friday, June 24, 2011

Squared Away

I wanted to share with you my laundry room Before and After!

Here is the before (with her dirty paint, yellow molding, and poorly assembled metal shelving)

Photobucket

First thing I did was replace the floor to match the kitchen, and paint the walls a little darker blue than the main part of the house. Next thing I wanted was a statement wall! So I got some decorative molding, added two picture frames, and a chair rail.

Photobucket

I used paintable wallpaper on the inside of the squares and gave it a faux finish. I added a darker contrasting color around the framed area to really make it POP!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I painted and distressed a ugly yellow pine shelf and filled it with Goodwill finds! The Silver box is my favorite! :) It is a great place to store lost buttons. It makes me smile every time I go in there to do a load of laundry, which is way to often! LOL

Photobucket

I have so many projects to share!!! I could stay up all night typing! haha BUT my babies would not be very happy with me if I did that, so you will just have to wait until tomorrow. Good Night!

Thanks for stopping by


Jeni

1 comment:

  1. You did such a nice job on this! Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete